Sunday, June 17, 2007

i'm getting old....


okay, not really... but the other day at work i made some pop culture references and no one got them... cause the are too young...

it went like this..

16 y/o girl: can i take my break now?
me: i don't know. ask the boss. (pointing to my asssistant manager) and i don't mean Bruce Springstien...!)
16yo: (with a blank stare) who is bruce springstien and why is he the boss?

she really had never heard of him. it happened again later that night when i quoted the movie "Don't Tell Mom the BabySitters Dead" and none of the girls had seen it or heard of it.....

26 is going to be an interesting year!

here is a little L/O i made to commerate the conversation. it is for the scrapjacked blog.
enjoy!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

NOW you starting to understand how I feel. LOL. It's all downhill from here girl.

Cheryl Wray said...

I feel SO old when I hear things like this. I try and teach my girls about the "old" days but even sometimes they disappoint me!! (I'm 38, so I teach them as much about the 80s as I can!! LOl)
GREAT layout!!!

Michelle Sanders said...

Great subject! Thanks for jackin'!